Monday, April 24, 2017

Driverless Cars


My first topic for one of my op-eds focuses on driverless cars. I've read a few different articles on the subject and also heard this new technology mentioned on the news. Supposedly these driverless cars would be safer and eliminate road accidents. I just can't wrap my head around trusting a car to drive itself. It seems like a huge responsibility to be giving away to machines. I thought this op-ed assignment would be a good opportunity to read more in depth on the subject. The technology should be ready to be on the market for consumers between 2020-2025. In theory it sounds great, more free time to read or talk on the phone. But what about when the technology fails? Would you all want a driverless vehicle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of class thoughts

I found it frustrating that not everyone seemed interested in sharing their thoughts. I thought we had an inviting environment that would ...